Sunday, September 29, 2013

Crash and Burn (Daddy's Girls Prequel)Crash and Burn by Chelsea Camaron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Life goes on even when we don’t want it to.”
I absolutely LOVED this book. It is the journey of Dina surviving the loss of her parents, and living through the horrors of domestic violence. This book is raw and beautiful. Dina’s story took me to a dark place that lurks inside the soul, but I ignore because it hurts to go there. It is a masterful depiction of an abusive relationship.
“Hell. Hell is the place you are supposed to fear. Live your life in the right way so you don’t burn in hell. What happens when your hell is lived daily on Earth?
I am in hell. I’m worthless, I’m broken, and I don’t even know the woman staring back at me in the mirror.”
Camaron’s writing is clear and smooth as she skillfully walks the reader through traumatic scenes. She shows the process of breaking someone, one subtle word at a time, until it builds up and cuts deep into the soul. When Michael hit Dina, I could hear her bones cracking. When Michael spoke cruel words, I could see the scars forming in her soul.
Wow, this book had me at the edge of my seat. It had me feeling angry, and paralyzed. It had me crying, laughing, and pondering on how easily we can fall into the unseen pits of life. This story will stay with me for a long time.
A MUST read!!!
Five Burning Stars!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment